- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Bornean Green Magpie
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Taxonomic change in the genus Cissa: list Javan Green Magpie (C. thalassina) as Critically Endangered and Bornean Green Magpie (C. jefferyi) as Least Concern?
Short-tailed Magpie Cissa thalassina has been split into Javan Green Magpie C. thalassina and Bornean Green Magpie C. jefferyi following a study into the vocalisations, morphology and plumage variation of Cissa taxa by van Balen et al. (2011).
It has been recommended by van Balen et al. (2011) that C. thalassina be listed as Critically Endangered. Continue reading