- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Consultation on a subset of potential taxonomic changes to passerines
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Bornean Green Magpie
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Taxonomic change in the genus Cissa: list Javan Green Magpie (C. thalassina) as Critically Endangered and Bornean Green Magpie (C. jefferyi) as Least Concern?
Short-tailed Magpie Cissa thalassina has been split into Javan Green Magpie C. thalassina and Bornean Green Magpie C. jefferyi following a study into the vocalisations, morphology and plumage variation of Cissa taxa by van Balen et al. (2011).
It has been recommended by van Balen et al. (2011) that C. thalassina be listed as Critically Endangered. Continue reading