- Africa (139)
- Americas (244)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (43)
- Pacific (74)
- Species Group (172)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (5)
Five most recent topics
- Great-billed Seed-finch (Oryzoborus maximiliani): uplist from VU to EN?
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from VU to NT?
- Lesser Nothura (Nothura minor): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Klages’s Antwren (Myrmotherula klagesi): uplist from NT to VU?
- White-collared Kite (Leptodon forbesi): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016The transboundary Lake Kivu and Rusizi River basins between Rwanda, Burundi and the DRC are very important for biodiversity and for ecosystem services that they provide; they cover the whole or parts of at least 15 Key Biodiversity Areas (KBAs) of which 12 are terrestrial and three are freshwater KBAs, hosting at least 55 Red-Listed […]
- Protect a Little Paradise August 15, 2016Getting visitors to the beautiful Cook Islands to contribute to the protection of its environment is a new initiative launched in July by BirdLife Cook Islands Partner, Te Ipukarea Society. The staff and executive committee of the Society hosted the Mana Tiaki – ‘Protect a Little Paradise’ - official launch night at The Islander in […]
- Houbara Bustard nest discovered in Jordan August 15, 2016For the first time since its release between 2014-2016 under the Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Houbara Reintroduction Project, a Houbara bustard nest has been spotted by field teams from the Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature in Jordan (RSCN). The initiative is managed by the International Fund for Houbara Conservation (IFHC).
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016
Tag Archives: Bonin White-eye
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Bonin White-eye (Apalopteron familiare): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Bonin White-eye Bonin White-eye Apalopteron familiare is restricted to the Ogasawara Islands, Japan, where it has been recorded from all three island groups, the Muko-jima, Chichi-jima and Haha-jima Islands. It is currently listed as Vulnerable under criterion C2a(ii) … Continue reading