- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Blue Paradise-flycatcher
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Melodious Babbler (Malacopteron palawanense), Palawan Blue-flycatcher (Cyornis lemprieri) and Blue Paradise-flycatcher (Terpsiphone cyanescens): downlist to Least Concern?
A recently published study has found that all three species are more tolerant of habitat degradation and fragmentation than was previously thought (Mallari et al. 2011, A. Mallari pers. comm.), bringing into question the validity of their status as Near Threatened. It is thus suggested that these species be downlisted to Least Concern, on the basis that they are no longer thought to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading