- Africa (88)
- Americas (186)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (169)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (61)
- Species Group (124)
- Taxonomy (1)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
- Sulawesi Scops-owl (Otus manadensis) is being split: list O. mendeni and O. sulaensis as Vulnerable?
Tag Archives: Blue-bellied Parrot
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Blue-bellied Parrot (Triclaria malachitacea): request for recent information
Blue-bellied Parrot Triclaria malachitacea is currently listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that an ongoing population decline of 20-29% over 10 years is suspected to be taking place owing to habitat loss and trapping. Anecdotal evidence from Rio Grande do Sul suggests that, despite Bencke’s (1996) estimation of c.10,000 birds in the state, the species may now be scarce there (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010).