- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Blue-bellied Parrot
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Blue-bellied Parrot (Triclaria malachitacea): request for recent information
Blue-bellied Parrot Triclaria malachitacea is currently listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that an ongoing population decline of 20-29% over 10 years is suspected to be taking place owing to habitat loss and trapping. Anecdotal evidence from Rio Grande do Sul suggests that, despite Bencke’s (1996) estimation of c.10,000 birds in the state, the species may now be scarce there (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010).