- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Blue-bellied Parrot
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Blue-bellied Parrot (Triclaria malachitacea): request for recent information
Blue-bellied Parrot Triclaria malachitacea is currently listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that an ongoing population decline of 20-29% over 10 years is suspected to be taking place owing to habitat loss and trapping. Anecdotal evidence from Rio Grande do Sul suggests that, despite Bencke’s (1996) estimation of c.10,000 birds in the state, the species may now be scarce there (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010).