- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Vultures need you March 24, 2017Let’s face it: vultures are special. Part of human culture, they are seen as disgusting by some, yet loved by others (including us and you). Asia’s vultures have suffered some of the fastest population declines ever recorded in a bird, and Africa’s recent severe declines mean that now most old-world vultures are on the edge […]
- Discover Australia's most vital places for nature March 24, 2017Picture Australia's most spectacular wild places—the places that evoke nostalgia in the hearts of Australians and beckon visitors from far-flung lands. Your mind might immediately jump to the dramatic sandstone escarpment and broad floodplains of Kakadu, or the pristine red shores of Broome’s Roebuck Bay. Or maybe you envisage the lushness of Queensland’s tropical rainforests […]
- From Rome with Love March 24, 2017This article is the editorial for the March edition of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia Newsletter. To read our newsletter, click here.
- Vultures need you March 24, 2017
Tag Archives: Blossom-headed Parakeet
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Blossom-headed Parakeet (Psittacula roseata), Alexandrine Parakeet (Psittacula eupatria) and Grey-headed parakeet (Psittacula finschii): request for information.
Blossom-headed Parakeet Psittacula roseata (BirdLife species factsheet) is found in Bhutan, north eastern India, Bangladesh, South East Asia and southern China. It is currently listed as Least Concern as it was not thought to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of … Continue reading