- Africa (149)
- Americas (276)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (222)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (69)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (46)
- Pacific (80)
- Species Group (183)
- Taxonomy (39)
- Uncategorized (6)
Five most recent topics
- Azores Bullfinch (Pyrrhula murina): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
- Striped Manakin (Machaeropterus regulus) is being split: list M. regulus as Near Threatened?
- Shrike-like Cotinga (Laniisoma elegans) is being split: request for information
- Asian Fairy-bluebird (Irena puella) is being split: list Palawan Fairy-bluebird I. tweeddalii as Near Threatened?
- The newly described taxon Hypocnemis rondoni is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: request for information.
- Teaching resources aim to help European pupils to learn a better life through nature September 30, 2016Six European nature conservation organisations have come together with the University of Gdańsk to provide school teachers with the innovative teaching resources and training needed to develop young children’s environmental awareness. The Polish Society for the Protection of Birds, in partnership with five European environmental organisations and the University of Gdańsk, has launched a project, […]
- Sanctuary declared for elusive oriole once believed extinct September 29, 2016With its yellow and olive-green plumage perfectly camouflaging it against the tree canopies, the Isabela Oriole Oriolus isabellae, a lowland forest specialist endemic to the island of Luzon in the Philippines, doesn't intend for itself to be seen by humans. And unfortunately, for many decades it wasn't. Due to the rapid and widespread deforestation which has […]
- Ivory poachers driving rare bird to extinction September 28, 2016A sudden explosion of demand for the Helmeted Hornbill's casque as "ivory" is plunging the species to extinction at frightening speed. Yesterday the government of Indonesia once again explained the issue during the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) - a gathering of 182 nations currently underway in Johannesburg, South Africa. Perhaps the […]
- Teaching resources aim to help European pupils to learn a better life through nature September 30, 2016
Tag Archives: Black-throated Blue Robin
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Black-throated Blue Robin (Luscinia obscura ): downlist to Near Threatened?
BirdLife species factsheet for Black-throated Blue Robin Black-throated Blue Robin Luscinia obscura breeds in the mountains of western China (B. King in litt. 2012). It is currently listed as Vulnerable under criterion C2a(i) on the basis that it was thought to … Continue reading