- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Black-throated Babbler
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Black-throated Babbler (Stachyris nigricollis) and Fluffy-backed Tit-babbler (Macronous ptilosus): downlist both to Least Concern?
These species’ listing as Near Threatened, based on their suspected rate of decline, may not be tenable given their ability to persist in human-altered habitats. Both S. nigricollis and M. ptilosus have been listed as Near Threatened as a precautionary measure, but their habitat requirements suggest that they should both be downlisted to Least Concern on the basis that they are no longer considered to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading