- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Argentina approves measures to save seabirds March 23, 2017The use of measures to prevent seabird bycatch deaths has just been approved by the Argentinean government—a decision that will save the lives of thousands of seabirds. Daily life is not easy for a fisherman in the South Atlantic. Bad weather, waves several meters high and the constant movement of the boat make their tasks […]
- From Rome with Love March 23, 2017This article is the editorial for the March edition of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia Newsletter.
- Discovery of a new breeding site for the Critically Endangered Blue-throated Macaw March 23, 2017Originally published at armoniabolivia.org In early February, an Armonía (BirdLife Bolivia) expedition discovered a new breeding area of the Blue-throated Macaw Ara glaucogularis (Critically Endangered). The groundbreaking discovery is a major step towards understanding the life cycle of the macaw and most importantly, to ensure the species' full protection. Since 2008, Armonía has been protecting […]
- Argentina approves measures to save seabirds March 23, 2017
Tag Archives: Black Grasswren
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Proposed revisions to Australian endemics based on reassessments in The Action Plan for Australian Birds 2010
The following Australian endemic species have been proposed for global reassessment following publication of a comprehensive reassessment of the status of Australian birds (Garnett, S.T., Szabo, J. 2011 and Dutson, G. Action Plan for Australian Birds 2010. CSIRO, Melbourne) Reassessment … Continue reading →