- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Black-billed Flycatcher
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Black-billed Flycatcher (Aphanotriccus audax): downlist to Least Concern?
Black-billed Flycatcher Aphanotriccus audax is listed as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List, however, it has been mapped by Natureserve/BirdLife International as having an estimated Extent of Occurrence (EOO) of 122,000 km2, hence it does not appear to approach the IUCN thresholds and appears to warrant downlisting to Least Concern. Continue reading