- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Black-bellied Tern
Black-bellied Tern Sterna acuticauda is listed as Near Threatened on the basis that it is inferred to be undergoing a continued decline of 20-29% over three generations, however the widespread declines and ongoing threats raise the question of whether the currently inferred rate of global population decline is correct. If the available evidence were to suggest an overall decline of at least 30% over 27 years, the species could be eligible for uplisting under the A criterion. Continue reading