- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Black-backed Thornbill
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Black-backed Thornbill (Ramphomicron dorsale) and Santa Marta Wren (Troglodytes monticola): uplist both to Endangered?
Black-backed Thornbill Ramphomicron dorsale is endemic to the Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia, where it occurs from 2,000-4,600 m. It is currently classified as Least Concern but its Extent of Occurrence has recently been estimated at 2,600 km2. Santa Marta … Continue reading