- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Black-backed Thornbill
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Black-backed Thornbill (Ramphomicron dorsale) and Santa Marta Wren (Troglodytes monticola): uplist both to Endangered?
Black-backed Thornbill Ramphomicron dorsale is endemic to the Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia, where it occurs from 2,000-4,600 m. It is currently classified as Least Concern but its Extent of Occurrence has recently been estimated at 2,600 km2. Santa Marta … Continue reading