- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Bearded Screech-owl
Bearded Screech-owl Megascops barbarus is listed as Near Threatened on the basis that it occupies a moderately small range, which is suspected to be in decline owing to the loss and degradation of its habitat. Its revised Extent of Occurrence does not approach the threshold for Vulnerable, and up-to-date information is requested on this species’s likely population size, current rate of population decline over 21 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats, in order to help assess its status. Continue reading