- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Bearded Helmetcrest
Bearded Helmetcrest (Oxypogon guerinii) is being split: list both O. cyanolaemus and O. stuebelii as Vulnerable and both O. guerinii and O. lindenii as Near Threatened?
Bearded Helmetcrest Oxypogon guerinii is being split into O. guerinii, O. cyanolaemus, O. lindenii and O. struebelii, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading