- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Barred Owlet-nightjar
Archived 2014 discussion: Barred Owlet-nightjar (Aegotheles bennettii) is being split: list A. affinis as Data Deficient?
It is suggested that A. affinis be listed as Data Deficient on the basis that there is insufficient information available for a robust assessment of its threat status against the IUCN Red List criteria. It is suggested that A. bennettii be listed as being of Least Concern, on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN Red List criteria. Continue reading