- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (255)
- Asia (174)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Suggestions for new topics
- Black Parrot (Coracopsis nigra) is being split: request for information on C. sibilans, and list C. barklyi as Vulnerable?
- Additional changes to species listed as Extinct: six [edited from five] Extinct species are being re-categorised as Not Recognised and 12 taxa [edited from 11] are being newly recognised as Extinct species
- Tahiti Kingfisher (Todiramphus veneratus) is being split: list T. youngi as Near Threatened and T. veneratus as Least Concern?
- Crescent-chested Puffbird (Malacoptila striata) is being split: list M. minor as Critically Endangered and M. striata as Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Bare-necked Umbrellabird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bare-necked Umbrellabird (Cephalopterus glabricollis): uplist to Endangered?
Bare-necked Umbrellabird Cephalopterus glabricollis is currently listed as Vulnerable, however the latest estimate for Costa Rican IBAs suggests that the species’s total population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals, which could make the species eligible for uplisting to Endangered depending on the rate of decline and subpopulation structure. Comments and further information are requested Continue reading