- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Bare-necked Umbrellabird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bare-necked Umbrellabird (Cephalopterus glabricollis): uplist to Endangered?
Bare-necked Umbrellabird Cephalopterus glabricollis is currently listed as Vulnerable, however the latest estimate for Costa Rican IBAs suggests that the species’s total population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals, which could make the species eligible for uplisting to Endangered depending on the rate of decline and subpopulation structure. Comments and further information are requested Continue reading