- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Bare-necked Umbrellabird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bare-necked Umbrellabird (Cephalopterus glabricollis): uplist to Endangered?
Bare-necked Umbrellabird Cephalopterus glabricollis is currently listed as Vulnerable, however the latest estimate for Costa Rican IBAs suggests that the species’s total population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals, which could make the species eligible for uplisting to Endangered depending on the rate of decline and subpopulation structure. Comments and further information are requested Continue reading