- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- Vultures need you March 24, 2017Let’s face it: vultures are special. Part of human culture, they are seen as disgusting by some, yet loved by others (including us and you). Asia’s vultures have suffered some of the fastest population declines ever recorded in a bird, and Africa’s recent severe declines mean that now most old-world vultures are on the edge […]
- Discover Australia's most vital places for nature March 24, 2017Picture Australia's most spectacular wild places—the places that evoke nostalgia in the hearts of Australians and beckon visitors from far-flung lands. Your mind might immediately jump to the dramatic sandstone escarpment and broad floodplains of Kakadu, or the pristine red shores of Broome’s Roebuck Bay. Or maybe you envisage the lushness of Queensland’s tropical rainforests […]
- From Rome with Love March 24, 2017This article is the editorial for the March edition of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia Newsletter. To read our newsletter, click here.
- Vultures need you March 24, 2017
Tag Archives: Atlantic Puffin
Archived 2015 topics: Atlantic Puffin (Fratercula arctica) – uplist from Least Concern to Endangered?
Atlantic Puffin Fratercula arctica breeds from NE & E Canada and NE USA east through Greenland to Jan Mayen, Spitsbergen and Novaya Zemlya, and south to Iceland, Fennoscandia, Faroes, Britain, Ireland and NW France; it winters at sea, mostly in … Continue reading