- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Asian Desert Sparrow
Asian Desert Sparrow Passer zarudnyi has been split from Desert Sparrow P. simplex. Data are lacking on this species’s distribution and population size, and little is known about potential threats. In addition, data are required on the species’s population trend, which is difficult to judge owing to its apparently nomadic movements and the possibility that the species has always been rare. Further information on the species would be welcomed. Continue reading