- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (439)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (136)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
- West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea): request for information
Tag Archives: Ashy Antwren
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bolivian Recurvebill (Simoxenops striatus) and Ashy Antwren (Myrmotherula grisea): downlist both to Least Concern?
Information published by Herzog et al. (2008) indicates that both species are known from more than 10 locations. Remapping of their ranges with reference to the data presented by Herzog et al. (2008) has resulted in new estimates for their EOOs of over 80,000 km2. This, coupled with their occurrence at more than 10 locations, suspected slow rates of population decline and presence of large areas of intact primary forest within their respective ranges, suggests that they should be downlisted to Least Concern. Continue reading