- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (199)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Andean Flamingo
Archived 2014 discussion: Andean Flamingo (Phoenicoparrus andinus), Puna Flamingo (P. jamesi) and Chilean Flamingo (Phoenicopterus chilensis): downlist all to Least Concern?
Andean Flamingo Phoenicoparrus andinus is currently listed as Vulnerable under the A criterion, and James’s Flamingo P. jamesi and Chilean Flamingo Phoenicopterus chilensis are listed as Near Threatened under the A criterion. The results of surveys carried out for the International Simultaneous Census and Simultaneous Census of Network Sites in 2010 and six previous years since 1997 suggest that the population trends of these species are in fact stable or increasing (Marconi et al. in press). Continue reading