- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Andean Flamingo
Archived 2014 discussion: Andean Flamingo (Phoenicoparrus andinus), Puna Flamingo (P. jamesi) and Chilean Flamingo (Phoenicopterus chilensis): downlist all to Least Concern?
Andean Flamingo Phoenicoparrus andinus is currently listed as Vulnerable under the A criterion, and James’s Flamingo P. jamesi and Chilean Flamingo Phoenicopterus chilensis are listed as Near Threatened under the A criterion. The results of surveys carried out for the International Simultaneous Census and Simultaneous Census of Network Sites in 2010 and six previous years since 1997 suggest that the population trends of these species are in fact stable or increasing (Marconi et al. in press). Continue reading