- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017Across the globe, 45% of Arctic-nesting shorebirds are decreasing. The new Pacific Americas Shorebird Conservation Strategy aims to identify the threats and develop strategies to save them. Shorebirds—plovers, oystercatchers, sandpipers, godwits, curlews—can be found along the entirety of the Pacific coast of the Western Hemisphere during some time of the year. Many species travel from Arctic breeding […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 4 April 21, 2017Welcome to the latest edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ – our new weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we’ll bring you bite-sized updates from across Europe & Central Asia - now you can kick start every weekend with ‘what a little bird told me!’ ONE WEEK to save farmland birds! The European Commission’s Public […]
- Welcome to the Americas Newsletter April 20, 2017Dear Friends, Welcome to the new BirdLife Americas eNewsletter! Every month we will feature trials, triumphs, and stories of promise from the world of nature conservation. If you’re new to our work, this is BirdLife summarized in a single sentence: we strive to protect birds, biodiversity and to improve people’s livelihoods. The 60 countries and […]
- 45% of Arctic shorebirds are disappearing - here's the plan to save them April 21, 2017
Tag Archives: American Coot
Archived 2014 discussion: American Coot (Fulica americana) and Caribbean Coot (F. caribaea) are being lumped as F. americana: list the newly defined species as Least Concern?
American Coot Fulica americana and Caribbean Coot F. caribaea are being lumped as F. americana, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and study of published information (Robertson and Baptista 1988, McNair and Cramer-Burke 2006, Sibley 2011). Continue reading