- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (198)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: Amazonian Parrotlet
Amazonian Parrotlet Nannopsittaca dachilleae is listed as Near Threatened under criterion C2a(ii), because its population was suspected to number c.10,000 mature individuals, and was suspected to be in decline. The species’s Extent of Occurrence is estimated at 134,000 km2, raising the question of whether the current population estimate is correct. Continue reading