- Africa (89)
- Americas (210)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (175)
- Australia (20)
- Europe & Central Asia (32)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (21)
- Pacific (66)
- Species Group (137)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing and taking of birds in the Mediterranean
- Cory’s Shearwater (Calonectris diomedea) is being split: request for information on C. diomedea and C. borealis
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Aleutian Tern (Onychoprion aleuticus, formerly Sterna aleutica): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
- Ogea Monarch (Mayrornis versicolor): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Tag Archives: African Scops-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: African Scops-owl (Otus senegalensis) is being split: list O. feae as Endangered and O. socotranus as Vulnerable?
African Scops-owl Otus senegalensis is being split into O. senegalensis, O. pamelae, O. socotranus and O. feae, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and consideration of recent evidence (Pons et al. 2013). Continue reading