- Africa (114)
- Americas (218)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (42)
- Pacific (70)
- Species Group (164)
- Taxonomy (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Global IUCN Red List for birds – 2015 changes
- The taxonomic treatment of the Little Shearwater (Puffinus assimilis)/Audubon’s Shearwater (P. lherminieri) complex is being revised, and P. bryani is being recognised as a species: request for information
- Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Pterocles orientalis) – request for information from Central Asia
- Tessmann’s Flycatcher (Muscicapa tessmanni): List as Least Concern?
- Eared Quetzal (Euptilotis neoxenus): Downlist to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: African Scops-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: African Scops-owl (Otus senegalensis) is being split: list O. feae as Endangered and O. socotranus as Vulnerable?
African Scops-owl Otus senegalensis is being split into O. senegalensis, O. pamelae, O. socotranus and O. feae, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and consideration of recent evidence (Pons et al. 2013). Continue reading