- Africa (113)
- Americas (217)
- Archive (438)
- Asia (198)
- Australia (28)
- Europe & Central Asia (66)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (41)
- Pacific (69)
- Species Group (163)
- Taxonomy (1)
- Uncategorized (3)
Five most recent topics
- Red Knot (Calidris canutus): request for information
- Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea): request for information
- Bar-tailed Godwit (Limosa lapponica): uplist to Vulnerable?
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered or Critically Endangered?
Tag Archives: African Scops-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: African Scops-owl (Otus senegalensis) is being split: list O. feae as Endangered and O. socotranus as Vulnerable?
African Scops-owl Otus senegalensis is being split into O. senegalensis, O. pamelae, O. socotranus and O. feae, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and consideration of recent evidence (Pons et al. 2013). Continue reading