- Africa (139)
- Americas (244)
- Archive (525)
- Asia (200)
- Australia (29)
- Europe & Central Asia (67)
- Illegal killing of birds (1)
- Middle East (43)
- Pacific (74)
- Species Group (172)
- Taxonomy (3)
- Uncategorized (4)
Five most recent topics
- Atlantic Royal Flycatcher (Onychorhynchus swainsoni): downlist from VU to NT?
- Lesser Nothura (Nothura minor): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Klages’s Antwren (Myrmotherula klagesi): uplist from NT to VU?
- White-collared Kite (Leptodon forbesi): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Three-toed Jacamar (Jacamaralcyon tridactyla): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016The transboundary Lake Kivu and Rusizi River basins between Rwanda, Burundi and the DRC are very important for biodiversity and for ecosystem services that they provide; they cover the whole or parts of at least 15 Key Biodiversity Areas (KBAs) of which 12 are terrestrial and three are freshwater KBAs, hosting at least 55 Red-Listed […]
- Protect a Little Paradise August 15, 2016Getting visitors to the beautiful Cook Islands to contribute to the protection of its environment is a new initiative launched in July by BirdLife Cook Islands Partner, Te Ipukarea Society. The staff and executive committee of the Society hosted the Mana Tiaki – ‘Protect a Little Paradise’ - official launch night at The Islander in […]
- Houbara Bustard nest discovered in Jordan August 15, 2016For the first time since its release between 2014-2016 under the Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Houbara Reintroduction Project, a Houbara bustard nest has been spotted by field teams from the Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature in Jordan (RSCN). The initiative is managed by the International Fund for Houbara Conservation (IFHC).
- Efforts to enhance climate change resilience in the Lake Kivu and Rusizi River Basins August 18, 2016
Category Archives: Taxonomy
Following the publication in 2014 of volume 1 of the Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World, Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International are now working on the second volume of the checklist, which covers the passerines and is scheduled … Continue reading
Following the publication of the HBW and BirdLife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World Volume 1, HBW and BirdLife have now set up a process whereby anyone can contribute information or informed opinion on the taxonomic status … Continue reading
Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International are planning to publish a taxonomic checklist of the birds of the world, building off the Handbook of the Birds of the World series, and BirdLife’s annually updated taxonomic checklist. Information and comment is now sought on a subset of potential ‘splits’ and ‘lumps’, particularly those for which acoustic and/or behavioural information may be critical in determining the appropriate taxonomic status. Continue reading