The attached spreadsheet lists preliminary decisions for the 2012 Red List. Please use the filters to look for your region or species group of interest.
There will now be a further final opportunity to make any comments on these decisions, and to add any further information to the discussion topics, before we make final decisions on 16 February, so do please send any further comments before then.
Any discussions of species for which we do not feel we have had sufficient feedback to enable us to make a decision will be held open and we will continue to seek comments on these species for the 2013 update. The species which are likely to be held over (unless we receive further information before 16 Feb) are marked ‘pend’ in the spreadsheet of preliminary decisions.
- 2011 Red List final decisions
- 2011 Red List draft decisions
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Taxonomic changes in the genus Melanitta, part I: suggestion to list M. nigra as Vulnerable and request for information on M. americana
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Taxonomic changes in the genus Melanitta, part II: suggestions to list M. fusca as Endangered and M. deglandi as Least Concern, and request for information on M. stejnegeri
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Sinaloa Martin (Progne sinaloae): list as Near Threatened?