The attached spreadsheet lists the results of the 2012 forum consultations, subject to approval and ratification by IUCN. Please use the filters to look for your region or species group of interest.
Any discussions of species for which we do not feel we have had sufficient feedback to enable us to make a decision are to be held open and we will continue to seek comments on these species for the 2013 update. The species for which discussions are to be held open are marked ‘pend’ in the spreadsheet.
The comprehensive 2012 Red List update will be fully launched on the BirdLife and IUCN websites in late May 2012, and we discourage significant publicity of any status changes before this point – please email email@example.com if you need further information or would like to discuss publicity based on the 2012 status changes.
- Archived: Preliminary decisions for the 2012 Red List
- 2011 Red List final decisions
- 2011 Red List draft decisions
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Sinaloa Martin (Progne sinaloae): list as Near Threatened?
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Taxonomic changes in the genus Melanitta, part I: suggestion to list M. nigra as Vulnerable and request for information on M. americana