This discussion was first published on Dec 1 2010 as part of the 2010-2011 Red List update.
Initial deadline for comments: 31 January 2012.
Baird’s Trogon Trogon bairdii is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v) because, although its Extent of Occurrence is less than 20,000 km2 and deforestation is suspected to be causing an ongoing population decline, its population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations.
Up-to-date information is requested to assist in the assessment of this species’s threat status, particularly the level of habitat fragmentation within its range, including the percentage of suitable habitat that exists in patches too small to support viable populations.
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Mexican Sheartail (Doricha eliza): request for information
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bearded Screech-owl (Megascops barbarus): request for information
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Black-bellied Tern (Sterna acuticauda): request for information
- Archived 2011-2012 topics: Madagascar Fish-eagle (Haliaeetus vociferoides): request for information
- Archived 2010-2011 topics: Military Macaw (Ara militaris): request for information