Please note that reassessments of all Australian endemic species previously proposed for changes of status in 2011 have now been postponed until the 2012 Red List update in order to await a finalised version of the updated Action Plan for Australian Birds. Apologies for any confusion caused by this change to the previously announced decisions.
- Africa (169)
- Americas (321)
- Archive (716)
- Asia (266)
- Australia (35)
- Europe & Central Asia (70)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (47)
- Pacific (103)
- Species Group (189)
- Taxonomy (158)
Five most recent topics
- Review of illegal killing of birds in Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Iraq and Iran
- Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
- Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
- Okarito Brown Kiwi (Apteryx rowi): Downlist to Vulnerable?
- Northern Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli): downlist to Vulnerable?
- BirdLife opens new office in Rwanda April 28, 2017BirdLife International has opened a brand new office in Rwanda as part of its growing network in Africa that seeks to provide locally-relevant solutions required to significantly reduce or reverse biodiversity loss, and conserve birds. The Kigali project office was opened on Wednesday, 26 April 2017, and is hosting some BirdLife staff, managing the Critical […]
- The Caged Bird Sings April 28, 2017As Angelo Caserta, Director of BirdLife Europe & Central Asia, examines the role of environmental organisations in civil society, he reflects pensively on why ‘the caged bird sings’. Birds are born to be free, and since I was a child it has always been painful for me to see caged birds. I could not understand […]
- The Bird Bulletin - Vol. 5, The Penguin Edition April 28, 2017Welcome to a very special ‘Penguin’ edition of ‘The Bird Bulletin’ our new weekly news brief. Every Friday morning, we bring you bite-size bird news from across Europe & Central Asia - now you can start every weekend with 'what a little birdie told me'. HAPPY FEET – World Penguin Day! On Tuesday, we […]
- BirdLife opens new office in Rwanda April 28, 2017