Rural Development Programmes in Action post 2014: how can they contribute to a healthier environment? - Agenda
Moderated by: Ed Bray, AGRAfacts
09:00 - 09:30 ***Registration and welcome coffee***
09:30 - 09:45 Introductory remarks
• Toni Vidan - EESC
• Jeremy Wates - EEB Secretary General
09:45 - 10:00 Keynote speech
• Mihail Dumitru, Deputy Director General for Rural Development, Directorate General for Agriculture, European Commission
I. The new policy in action: have the new rules ensured a stronger involvement of the civil society in the drafting of the programs and better targeting?
10:00 - 10:15 Mobilising partnership for better targeting
• Martin Scheele, Head of Unit, Directorate General for Agriculture, European Commission
10:15 - 10:30 The “greening” in motion: an environmental NGO perspective
• Faustine Defossez, EEB Senior Policy Officer Agriculture and Bioenergy
10:30 - 10:45 Discussion/ Q&A
10:45 - 11:00 ***Coffee break***
II. The new Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) in action: does the greening of the CAP offer improved tools and measures towards the environment?
11:00 - 11:15 Ecosystems restoration and protection in the new RDPs – setting the scene
• Claudia Olazabal, Head of Unit, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
11:15 - 12:00 PANEL: How effectively will the new RDPs secure ecosystem restoration and protection?
• Kaley Hart, Institute for European Environmental Policy, IEEP
• Mike Rowe, Defra (TBC)
• Liisa Pietola, Copa-Cogeca
• Jarosław Krogulec, BirdLife Poland
12:00 - 12:30 Discussion with the participants
12:30 - 13:30 ***Lunch***
13:30 - 13:45 Resource efficiency and climate change in the new RDPs– setting the scene
• Andreas Gumbert, Policy officer, Directorate General for Agriculture, European Commission
13:45 - 14:15 PANEL: How will the new RDPs ensure resource efficiency and contribute to climate change fight?
• Andras Molnar, Hungarian Research Institute of Agricultural Economics
• Kleopatra Sidiropoulou, European Council of Young Farmers, CEJA
• Nathalie Hemeleers, European Biomass Association, AEBIOM
• Marie Catherine Schulz, France Nature Environnement, France
14:15 - 14:45 Discussion with the participants
14:45 - 15:00 ***Coffee break***
15:00 - 15:15 Knowledge transfer and innovation in the new RDPs – setting the scene
• Iman Boot, European Commission, Deputy Head of Unit, Directorate General for Agriculture, European Commission
15:15 - 15:45 PANEL: How can the RD plans apply knowledge transfer and innovation to ensure delivery of environmental objectives?
• Koen Desimpelaere, Europe Innovation Partnership EIP Service point
• Willem Schoustra, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Netherlands
• Donal Sheehan, Farmer, Ireland
• Razvan Popa, Fundatia ADEPT
15:45 - 16:00 Discussion with the participants
16.15 - 16.45 Conclusion from the panels: what to take away?
• Ariel Brunner, BirdLife Europe
• Nathaniel Page, ADEPT Fundatia
16.45 - 17.00 Closing of the event by Karl Falkenberg, Director General, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
17:00 - 18:00 ***Cocktail reception (including traditional products)***