Iceland - Fuglavernd – BirdLife Iceland (ISPB)
Mission of the organisation
Fuglavernd's mission is the protection of birds and their habitats
- Lobbying for the conservation of IBAs in Iceland.
- Campaigning for wetland restoration and conservation. Wetlands in the lowlands of Iceland have been severely affected by drainage operations during last century
- Long-term monitoring of the White-tailed Eagle in cooperation with Icelandic Institute of Natural History, see www.fuglavernd.is
- Running the Flói bird reserve run with the cooperation of the Árborg community.
- Empowering people through Education and Volunteer work.
- Raise Public Awareness using Digital and Social Media as well as Traditional Media and Public Relations.
- Publications are information leaflets, Fuglar Magazine, books for education in kindergarten and elementary schools.
- Events are birdwatching, photo shows, conferences, seminars and volunteer guided walks in our bird sanctuaries.