- Recommendation on Natura 2000 designation: Malta to identify Marine IBAs and designate them as Marine Natura 2000 sites.
- Recommendation on Natura 2000 management: Management plans for Natura 2000 sites finalised, Management plans implemented where these have been finalised.
- Recommendation on Natura 2000 financing: Funding body set up at a local level making available budgets for implementing management measures
Funding guaranteed for short-term management of priority sites.
- Recommendation on species protection: Species Action Plans to be not just planned but also implemented with a long term vision of achieving a favourable conservation status. Full implementation of Birds and Habitats Directive as the basis from which to then build on conservation work.
- Recommendation on degradation of protected areas: Create more incentives for the setting up of joint projects between government and environmental NGOs to manage and conserve priority sites. Implement management measures at sites for which management plans have been drafted, giving priority to high risk areas.