- Recommendation on Natura 2000 designation: Complete the Marine Natura 2000 network and fill in the remaining gaps for the terrestrial network.. SPA/IBA overlap should be above 90%.
- Recommendation on Natura 2000 management: Complete the official guidelines for Management Plans and approve management plans for all Natura 2000 sites. Complete the legal protection regime for all protected areas. At least 50% of Natura 2000 sites must have legally adopted management plans by 2014. All protected areas must have a protection regime. The national Biodiversity Strategy must be completed.
- Recommendation on Natura 2000 financing: Green Fund exclusively allocates financial support to the environment and a specific percentage is allocated directly to fund the Natura 2000 network. Management Bodies to make better use of EU funding schemes (eg. LIFE). The 95% that was subtracted from the Green Fund must be returned and all Management Bodies receive core finding from the Green Fund and made financially sustainable.
- Recommendation on species protection: Enforce implementation of the legislation and strengthen the capacity of the competent authorities. An established warden system is implemented, which involves the Forest Authorities, Police Forces and the Management Bodies. The National Biodiversity Strategy needs to be completed.
- Recommendation on degradation of protected areas: Improve quality of Appropriate Assessment, enforce the Environmental Terms of harmful projects and implement compensation measures.
The Ministry of Environment must have the capacity to assess the implementation of and enforce the Environmental Terms of harmful projects. Completion of the National Biodiversity Strategy.
- Recommendation on threats from a specific sector: wind farm development. Improve the legislation regarding wind farm development in Natura 2000 sites and strictly implement Article 6 procedures for harmful projects.
The National Planning Framework for renewable energy is revised, so that is includes a strategic approach to protecting sensitive areas and establishes exclusion zones for wind farm development.