- The data are supplied only for conservation purposes, scientific analysis or research.
- The recipient of the data will provide a full and appropriate acknowledgement and citation in any materials or publications derived in part or in whole from the data; relevant citation details will be provided with each dataset. For any publications making substantial use of the data, BirdLife International welcomes the opportunity for coauthorship, collaboration and to comment prior to publication. Expressions of interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipient will only use the data provided for the purpose for which it was requested, if subsequent or different use is required the recipient must contact the BirdLife secretariat again for written approval.
- The recipient will not pass the original datasets on to third parties and will direct all requests for use of the data back to the BirdLife Secretariat.
- The recipient will not publish the data in their original format, either whole or in part, on a website, FTP site, CD, memory stick or any other media. The recipient should provide a link to the original data source location on the BirdLife International website where appropriate.
- Use of these data does not constitute endorsement by BirdLife International of any derived products, reports or analyses. The BirdLife International logo must not be used on any derived products, reports or analyses, or supporting materials, without express permission.
- BirdLife International reserves the right to comment on the accuracy of representation of the data in material produced by a recipient.
- The data are provided with additional supporting metadata, describing how they were compiled, ownership, type and quality of data, and limitations. The recipient must read all supporting information prior to any analysis and agree to abide by any stipulations contained therein. Where appropriate, the BirdLife Secretariat can provide additional guidance on request to aid in the correct use and interpretation of the data. BirdLife International endeavours to maintain accurate and up-to-date data at all times, but can accept no responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions in the data, for misuse of the data by any organisation or individual, or for any damage done to computing systems into which the data are entered (see Disclaimer below).
- Either an electronic or two paper copies of all products published using data supplied by BirdLife International will be sent, free of charge, to the BirdLife Global Secretariat at: BirdLife International, Wellbrook Court, Girton Road, Cambridge, CB3 0NA, UK or via email to email@example.com
BirdLife International makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the use of the material appearing in this dataset with regard to their correctness, reliability, accuracy, or otherwise. The material and geographic designations in this dataset do not imply the expressions of any opinion whatsoever on the part of BirdLife International concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, nor concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. Neither BirdLife International nor its affiliated or related entities or its content providers shall be responsible or liable to any person, firm or corporation for any loss, damage, injury, claim or liability of any kind or character based on or resulting from any information contained in the dataset. BirdLife International may update or make changes to the data provided at any time without notice; however, BirdLife International makes no commitment to update the information contained therein.
Errors and omissions
BirdLife International endeavours to maintain accurate and up-to-date data at all times. However, if errors or omissions are identified, the user should notify BirdLife International so that they can be corrected in future releases of the data. Users can contact BirdLife International using the details below. Please mark all correspondence: “FAO Information Management Division”.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 277318
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 277200
Postal Address: BirdLife International, Wellbrook Court, Girton Road, Cambridge, CB3 0NA, UNITED KINGDOM