Falkland Islands (Malvinas) - Falklands Conservation
Mission of the organisation
In partnership with government, industry and the global community, Falklands Conservation will engage and empower the people of the Falkland Islands to take action with us to conserve biodiversity and manage landscapes and seascapes for the benefit of nature and people.
- Annual Seabird Monitoring Programme: population census, trends, diet analysis and tracking of penguin species
- Albatross and Petrel Programme: population census, trends, tracking, demography, key site management plans for the Black-browed Albatross
- Research projects: foraging of Southern Rockhopper Penguins at key sites; interaction between sheep farming and birds of prey; southern sea lions
- Community outreach: junior WATCH group and raising awareness and improving understanding of environmental issues in the community
- Botanical Surveys: habitat classification, IPA directory, priority species action plans, FI red list compilation
- National Herbarium
- Habitat Restoration and Invasives: rat eradications, invasive plant species control, tussac replanting
- Environmental advice, assistance and presentations to government, military, landowners and the public
- Annual report on seabird monitoring programme for 2012/13.
- Review of seabird monitoring programme.
- Production of Invasive Plants Strategy.
This page represents NGOs/civil society organisations and not nations or states.