Djibouti - Djibouti Nature
Mission of the organisation
Contribute the conservation efforts, sustainable management and appreciation of nature in Djibouti to improve the livelihoods of people. This shall be achieved by:
- Carrying out of environmental education and awareness rising campaigns.
- Conducting of scientific researches and studies.
- Promoting sustainable development projects for local community in rural areas.
- Disseminating of knowledge on birds and biodiversity to the stakeholders and to wider public.
- Species conservation programmes (i.e. Djibouti Francolin, Egyptian Vulture, Beira Antelope, etc…)
- Promotion of important bird and biodiversity areas (IBAs) and the urgent implement action as protected area.
- Capacity building (i.e. local community volunteers’ training, support site groups’ setting up, etc…).
- Public environmental education and awareness rising programme (i.e. environmental education tools for elementary schools).
- Eco-talks, conferences and nature walks for our members, students and general public
- Advocacy work with national, regional government authorities and local communities.
- Publication and dissemination of researches, conservation projects and nature excursions.